Alyson Garrido is passionate about helping professionals advance their careers and find jobs they will enjoy. As a career coach, she partners with her clients to identify their strengths and create a path toward a more fulfilling career. Alyson provides support around preparing for interviews, performance reviews and salary negotiations, ensuring that her clients present themselves in the best possible light for job search and career advancement.
Alyson has also designed a 5-part workshop series for those in transition that covers all aspects of job search – discovering strengths, search strategy, networking, interview preparation and career conversations. She is a regular contributor to FairyGodBoss and a Career Contessa mentor.
Catch up with some of Alyson's most recent articles by visiting:
You can learn more or book a session with Alyson by visiting www.alysongarrido.com.
What We Cover:
- Alyson has always known she wanted to help people and we talk about who she wanted to impact and how that changed and developed over the years.
- We talk about how a timely lay-off led to Alyson taking the full-time plunge of leaving the 9-5p world and launching her business as a Career Coach.
- Alyson talks about how a move from LA to New Zealand reminded her to trust the process, and her gut, and reminded her that we are all in a state of trying to figure “it” out.
- We explore how by saying “yes” to things, even when she maybe wasn’t ready, led Alyson to being a speaker, writer, and workshop leader, in addition to her continuous growth as a career coach.
- We end with the best reminder that there’s no missed opportunities just dodge bullets.
- Helpful tip that I love: Create a career based in strategy not circumstance.