Ep. 39: Getting Unstuck with Kelsie Brunick
Kelsie is the creator and host of Permission to Grow, a weekly podcast focused on women in career transition, having conversations with each other to learn how we can eliminate the ideas of who we should be and instead give ourselves permission to grow!
What We Cover:
- Getting unstuck - I talk about this quote that says, "it’s easy to sit up and take notice, what is difficult is getting up and taking action."
- The first step to getting unstuck is taking action, no matter how small or trivial the action may feel at the moment.
- The next step is to start talking, connecting, helping, and learning from those around you.
- One of the best ways I have found to gather little golden nuggets of information is to talk to humans I admire, people in jobs or with companies that I admire, and see how they came to be in the spot they are in
- These can be things like informational interviews, it can be dinner with friends, it can be a phone call for two minutes to ask a question that’s really been on your mind.
- More often than not the questions you are asking an employer, friend or colleague is a question they themselves have asked before.
- Final words of wisdom: We do not need to reinvent the wheel, we just have to find messages, tools, tips, humans, whatever it is, that then inspire us to take action.
Connect with Me:
Facebook: Permission to Grow
Instagram: Kelsie Brunick | Permission to Grow